Bike Root is seeking to fulfill several positions. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest. If you think you have something to contribute that is not listed here, feel free to let us know!
• Acts as the MCEC Designated Booker for events in Mac Hall (mainly bike sales)
• Builds on the success of previous events and leads the creation of new events in line with Bike Root’s mission
• Manages email and strengthens social media accounts with consistent content and timely replies
• Prioritizes volunteers’ tasks based on their individual strengths
• Arranges internal events to strengthen the cohesion of the team (executive meals, events)
• Ensures processes and communication within the team are streamlined, intuitive, and efficient
• Seeks opportunities to introduce Bike Root to the campus community and beyond (think: Active Living related events, community associations, special events like Tweed Ride)
• Maintains meaningful relationships with parties beyond Bike Root
• Maintains sufficient levels of new parts (tubes, saddles, brakes, chains, etc.)
• Itemizes existing inventory (inventory software?), makes efficient and visually appealing use of space showcasing the items
• Adds new posts based on sell-able bicycles, responds to potential customers, removes posts after bikes/items are sold
How do I become a member?
Simply come to the shop when we are open to purchase a membership. For more information, visit our membership page.
Where is the shop?
Our shop is located on the University of Calgary campus, inside the Arts Parkade. Visit our location page for detailed directions.
Where can I park my car?
First, consider whether or not a car is necessary. Over 50,000 Calgarians are within a 10 minute bike ride to the Bike Root shop, and for points beyond, the Bike Root shop is near the University C-Train station and several bus lines: 8,9,20,31,38,53,65,82,90,104,408,MAX Orange. With the not-so-subtle plugs aside, all parking within the university is paid, and parking is available for $5/hour at the hourly parking lots or $10 per entry at the Art Parkade.
My bicycle needs repairs, can I make an appointment?
No need for an appointment, just drop by when we are open. Our hours can be found on our hours and location page. Instead of repairing your bike for you, we will teach you how to repair your bicycle. No matter your level of experience we will do our best to teach you and get your bike out the door running smoothly.