Full-Service Packages (by appointment only)
$5 off each package for UCalgary students; additional savings for families
ESSENTIAL TUNE – $30
• Shift system adjustment/tuning (including derailleur hanger alignment)
• Brake system adjustment/tuning
• Correct tire pressure
• Lubricate drivetrain
• Chain wear check
COMPREHENSIVE CLEAN – $30
• Deep clean entire drivetrain
• Lubricate entire drivetrain
• Full wipe-down bike cleaning
• Lubricate pivoting components
TUBE REPLACEMENT – $30
• Includes up to 2 standard size tubes at no additional cost
• Rim tape installation if not already present
SOMETHING ELSE? – $15 each 30 minutes of work plus applicable part costs
Unique times call for unique solutions. While Bike Root is unable to operate normally, full-service operations are a way to get your bicycle serviced at an affordable price while minimizing contact. How to have your bike serviced through Bike Root’s full-service program:
1. Schedule an appointment (big green “Schedule Appointment” button on this page)
2. Drop off the bike(s) at the scheduled time and ideally stick around until it is complete within two hours.
3. Retrieve bike(s) from the Bike Root shop within one week from when your bike is finished. If unable to complete your bike same-day, you will be contacted by email@example.com when your bike is finished.
How long will it take to have my bike(s) serviced at Bike Root?
-We will do our best to have your bike(s) ready within 2 hours.
How/when do I pay?
-Payment will be accepted after the job is complete, either by credit, debit, or cash.
I need a specific task completed on my bike that is not listed in the service packages. Can you help me with this?
-Possibly! Let us know when scheduling your appointment, and if we cannot accommodate, we’ll let you know.
Can you work on hydraulic disc brakes or suspension components?
-Bike Root does not currently have the tools and the skill set to properly work on hydraulic disc brakes or suspension components. Try asking another bike shop to see if they’re fully equipped to work on those components!
Do mechanics receive compensation for their work?
-Yes, Bike Root mechanics will receive a portion of every service job applied to their University of Calgary tuition.
How can I become a Bike Root mechanic?
-Must be able to know a wide variety of bike repair skills, verified by an existing Bike Root mechanic. Compensation will only be applied toward UofC tuition, and you can express your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org.