Bike Root is seeking to fulfill several positions. Please contact email@example.com to indicate your interest. If you think you have something to contribute that is not listed here, feel free to let us know!
• Acts as the MCEC Designated Booker for events in Mac Hall (mainly bike sales)
• Builds on the success of previous events and leads the creation of new events in line with Bike Root’s mission
• Manages email and strengthens social media accounts with consistent content and timely replies
• Prioritizes volunteers’ tasks based on their individual strengths
• Arranges internal events to strengthen the cohesion of the team (executive meals, events)
• Ensures processes and communication within the team are streamlined, intuitive, and efficient
• Seeks opportunities to introduce Bike Root to the campus community and beyond (think: Active Living related events, community associations, special events like Tweed Ride)
• Maintains meaningful relationships with parties beyond Bike Root
• Maintains sufficient levels of new parts (tubes, saddles, brakes, chains, etc.)
• Itemizes existing inventory (inventory software?), updates Square iPad app to include item prices, makes efficient and visually appealing use of space showcasing the items
• Adds new posts based on sell-able bicycles, responds to potential customers, removes posts after bikes/items are sold
Upcoming shop hours:
• Monday, November 18: 1:30-3:30pm
• Tuesday, November 19: 11am-12pm; 3-5pm
• Wednesday, November 20: 12-4pm
• Thursday, November 21: 2-5pm
• Thursday, November 21: 5-7pm Drop-in Bicycle Maintenance 101 Workshop
As a volunteer-run shop, sometimes we have to change our hours with short notice. This website will always have the most up-to-date hours. Please consider contributing your time to help around the shop!
The Bike Root is located on the University of Calgary campus, at the intersection of University Gate NW and University Way NW. The shop is on the ground floor in the North-West corner of the Arts Parkade. To get to the shop, you can either walk down the vehicle ramp or the stairs. You will see a set of bike racks, a sign and a large garage door. Access is only from outside of the Arts Parkade, the shop cannot be entered from inside the parkade.